Wednesday, March 31, 2010

A month of lasts...

Today is March 31 and my last day of work will be April 30. We have always said that we would want to have me stay home when we started our family, and while it is happening sooner than anticipated, we feel very, very blessed that I will be able to stay home full-time to raise our baby (and our furry girl too). Now, getting ready to start my last month, and training a new person in how to do my job, it's really hitting me that I'm going to be at home. I'm really excited about Isaac and all of the changes heading our way, but it is hard to wrap my head around not working too--I'm the girl who ALWAYS had a job, even in college when I was in marching band (2 hours of practice a day plus entire Saturday's gone) and taking 19 credit hours I had a job. It's hard to imagine going from the structure of a full-time job (I live for rules and boundaries, odd but true) to the flexible hours of being always on demand for a small child; but I'm excited. It really is a whole new chapter in my life and hopefully I'll be ready in 42 days or so...

Also--on a totally random note--I think it's funny to realize how many people (besides myself) have May birthdays. It seems like everyday someone tells me "well, if you go into labor early (or late) you'll have him on my birthday." I guess late July/early August is the most romantic time of the year ;)

No comments: