Monday, March 22, 2010

Updating the To-Do list

A few weeks ago I posted my to-do list. I've been making slow progress on this, but thought I might as well update it. On my to do list:

1) Get a 'practice' baby to teach Libby boundaries [status--complete]
a. Libby has been doing really well with 'practice baby,' my infant Cabbage Patch doll. She knows that she can't jump in my lap when I'm holding him and she's learning that I need to give attention to the baby and not just to her (that's been really tough for her, she is my little furry shadow and gets tons of affection whenever she wants).

2) Get a cd of baby sounds to teach Libby to not bark when she hears weird noises [status--need to order]

3) Finish organizing the nursery and put in deeper shelves in the 'built-in' bookcase for storage [status--work in progress]
a. Over the weekend, I got the wall repaired (i.e. spackled flat where old anchors had been) and painted (miraculously got Lowe's to match the paint color) and purchased everything that I need for the shelves. Next step, getting Andro to put up the new supports, hopefully he'll do it this week. Issac has so many clothes and toys and things in general now, I need to get them put away on the new shelves. And I hate having unfinished projects staring at me!

4) Become members of a local church [status--complete]
a. We joined a local church and have been going to service and it's great! I love this church,

5) Find a pediatrician [status--almost completed, still]
a. I found a practice that I like but missed their March open house. Hoping to get some interviews scheduled and/or attend their April open house. This is a top priority.

6) Fill out the hospital registration form [status--complete and mailed in!] (and get the hospital bag ready [status--giving myself some more time before I start packing])

And 7) Figure out a way to con my Mom into living with us and taking care of the baby full-time [status--I've given up on this one, but having her here for 10 days was so wonderful...it really spoiled me, I'm looking forward to her visit in May!]

A couple of new ones to add to the list:

8) Wash all of Isaac's clothes and linens (just bought some baby laundry soap) and get them organized (i.e. in the bins on shelves and need to get some drawer organizers for his dresser)

9) See every movie that I have even the remotest of interest in before May 12 (not really a major to-do, but I love going to the movies, and have a feeling that it's going to be one of those luxuries like washing my hair and putting on clean clothes in the beginning few weeks/months of being a mom that just isn't going to happen)

1 comment:

Starring Brooklyn and Alexis said...

washing your hair and showering before the hubbie comes home makes me feel accomplished! I finally resorted to evening showers when Brett's home and able to care for the girls. So yes, that is a luxury most days!! i would have to agree....and one more thing...TAKE LOTS OF NAPS before Isaac comes!