Friday, April 23, 2010

Hmm....

Went in for my weekly doctor visit yesterday and Isaac is continuing to do well. The doctor is guesstimating that he'll be in the 75th percentile at birth and thinks he's around 7lbs. right now. I went from no progress to being 60% effaced in a week (and yes, I know I can be effaced and dilated for a long time without it meaning anything, but any progress is promising :) So thankfully there are no talks of needing to induce me--I'm a firm believer in letting him stay in for as long as he wants to (provided, of course, that there are no complications)--and they think he'll decide to come on his own probably a bit before my due date.

My last day of work has been revised from next Friday to next Tuesday (I'm starting to really get uncomfortable now and am having trouble sleeping--but am still feeling good for the most part) and all I'm doing now is waiting for Isaac to decide on his birthday. I'm thinking he'll come May 8th or May 9th but Andro is thinking earlier than that.

2 comments:

artyfeminist said...

Oh great news on the 60% effacement! Who knows things could go fast now! if Isaac arrives between 1-9 May we will be in the states so we can celebrate the good news with my parents!!! Ha I can't believe they will be a great aunt and great uncle!

Rachelle Dio said...

Kate! My guess is that he'll come May 8th so hopefully you'll still be stateside! I know...it's weird isn't it? I remember when Olivia was born and I kept thinking...how is it that Uncle Mike is now a Nonno?