Wednesday, May 12, 2010

D-day

The due date is finally here. It's been 40 long weeks, and baby Isaac shows no signs of wanting to leave. Everyone (myself, my doctor, my mom) thought I would have had the baby by now, but he has proven time and again that he is going to do what he wants to and that does not mean being born 'on time.' My doctor's appointment this morning was disheartening to say the least, but an end date is looming. I'm being induced either Monday or Tuesday (waiting on the confirmation from the hospital) and while that is definitely not what I wanted, I am very done being pregnant. I made it to 40 weeks and have given him a safe, healthy place to grow and develop, I'm done now. Hopefully he'll decide to come on his own before I go in next week, but if not at least I know that the end is near.

No comments: