Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Can't wait...

We are less than 22 hours away from our 22 week ultrasound and I'm so excited I can hardly sit still! I just can't wait to see what Potsticker looks like now. Our last (and only) glimpse of the baby, just showed a nondescript 8 week old fetus. But by now, as all of my pregnancy books have shared, he/she is almost fully developed externally and I can't wait to see that profile. Other news (exciting for me) is that hopefully sometime today Fedex will be delivering the baby's crib, dresser, and mattress. I'm ready to start nesting and getting ready for baby and am really looking forward to getting the room set up. I can't believe I'm over the half-way point in the pregnancy already and I'm getting more and more excited to meet this little person every day. I have a feeling that the last month is going to be like the night before vacation when I was little, I could never let myself sleep, I had to be constantly repacking and reading the guide books.

In other news, we just found out that my brother and sister-in-law (who are due exactly 4 weeks after us) are having a little girl! I can't wait to buy tap shoes, tutus, and all sorts of extra girlie things for this little girl--which has the added bonus of delighting my sister-in-law and driving my brother crazy :). And I can't wait for this new generation of cousins to meet! Nearly everyone (except my Dad) thinks I'm having a girl. But I still think Potsticker is a boy and with all the little girls being born this generation, I think a boy might be a refreshing change for everyone. Guess we'll find out in May!

No comments: